We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 70 minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment will take a full set of diagnostic records, which include x-rays, photos and impressions if necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan for you.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer and additional questions.